City Tour + Santa Catalina Monastery
The Monastery of Santa Catalina, located in the heart of Arequipa, is a dazzling labyrinth of streets, patios and chapels. This religious enclave, more than four centuries old, is a time capsule that reveals the rich history and traditions of the Colonial Peru. Stroll through its colorful corridors, admire its architecture and immerse yourself in the spirituality and mystery that surround this iconic place."
- 14:00 pm – We begin the tour visiting the Mirador de Carmen Alto where you can appreciate the beautiful valley and its Pre-Inca terraces, we will have a view of the Chili River and the three volcanoes Misti, Chachani and Pichu Pichu that surround the White City.
- Then we go to the Plaza de Yanahuara to visit its colonial Church San Juan Bautista, from its viewpoint built of ashlar we will have a view privileged view of the city and the volcanoes. Its streets are narrow and have a style Andalusian that provide a magical atmosphere.
- We continue through the Plaza de Armas where a detailed explanation of the history of the Cathedral, we will be able to appreciate the bronze fountain and the portals that surround the square.
- We will go to the Church of the Company of Jesus where we will see the dome and the interior of the templea where you can see the carved wooden altarpieces covered with gold bread.
- Then we will visit the Cloisters of the Society of Jesus, it is the only building that is preserved as in colonial times.
- We end with a visit to the Monastery of Santa Catalina, an authentic jewel of the Colonial architecture from the 16th century, which housed hundreds of nuns. We will visit its small streets and cloisters full of colorful flowers and the walls painted in dyes fresh. The narrow alleys lead you to the various parts of the convent that they go through picturesque places that revive the path of time.
- This tour is available every day, in the afternoon (14:00 pm)
- The Mansion of the Founder is open from 09:00 a.m. to 17:00 p.m.
- The Mill Hidráulico de Sabandía is open from 09:00 a.m. to 17:00 p.m.
- There is no attention to the public on December 25th and January 1st.
- From 2 people up: 58 USD each
Note: The prices provided are for shared groups, this tour is only available in shared groups.
- All entrance fees and excursions mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guided: by local quality English or Spanish speaking guides.
- 24-hour support by our local staff.
- 3 Hours Guided Tour.
- Entrances Fees.
- Personalized attention.
- International and domestic flights (in case you request them, please let us know).
- Any meal.
- VISA procedures, travel insurance, pre and post tour accommodation.
- Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.).
- Tips for guides, drivers and other staff.
- Guidance in other language (Germany, French, others), in case you request them, please ask your travel agent.
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description.