Campiña Arequipeña Tour
On this tour, visitors can explore the rural surroundings of Arequipa, famous for its picturesque landscapes, colonial architecture, and vast farm fields. You will have the opportunity to see the traditional agricultural terraced fields that have been used by generations of local farmers.
You will also be able to visit the Molino de Sabandía, a 17th century water mill that is still in operation today. Another highlight is the Mansion del Fundador, a colonial mansion that belonged to the founder of the city.
- We begin the tour through the Valley of Chilina is a natural environment that contemplates an agricultural area of terraces and terraces used for planting different products, and a wilderness area where we find columnar cacti and subshrubs.
- Next, we go to Paucarpata to observe its terraces and terraces Pre-Incas, we will observe the Church of Santa Ana, which is a colonial construction that
- It was built in the second decade of the 17th century.
- We continue until we reach the town of Sabandía, where we can appreciate the Mill Hidráulico de Sabandía manufactured in the viceregal era, which was used to grind the grain.
- Then we will visit the Mansion of the Founder, owned by Garci Manuel de Carbajal, founder of Arequipa is a house that has many characteristics of the baroque architecture.
- Its dining room, bedroom and gardens as well as its canvases, furniture and a small chapel, was taken by the Chileans during the war as a headquarters.
- This tour is available just in private service, it could be in the morning (9:00 am) o afternoon (14:00 pm).
- The Mansion of the Founder is open from 09:00 a.m. to 17:00 p.m.
- The Mill Hidráulico de Sabandía is open from 09:00 a.m. to 17:00 p.m.
- There is no attention to the public on December 25th and January 1st.
- From 2 people up: 70 USD each
Note: The prices provided are for private groups. This tour is available just in private service.
- All entrance fees and excursions mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guided: by local quality English or Spanish speaking guides.
- 24-hour support by our local staff.
- 3 Hours Guided Tour.
- Entrances Fees.
- Personalized attention.
- International and domestic flights (in case you request them, please let us know).
- Any meal.
- VISA procedures, travel insurance, pre and post tour accommodation.
- Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.).
- Tips for guides, drivers and other staff.
- Guidance in other language (Germany, French, others), in case you request them, please ask your travel agent.
- Anything not specified in the itinerary description.