The Best of Lima, Paracas & Nazca (6D/5N)
In this package you will be able to discover the best of Lima and the south of Lima (Ica), all in 6 days full of new adventures. You will see the colonial and historical part, learn more about the history of our ancestors, witness the modern and artistic part of our capital, live the experience of being a chef and learn how to cook the best dishes of oPeru. In addition, this package is perfect if you want to venture out and do the sport of sandboarding in the incredible Dunes of Ica. You will also watch the birds, sea lions, seals, penguins and more!
DAY 1: WELCOME TO LIMA-PERU!
- Our professional driver will pick you up from the Lima Airport to take you to your hotel. We will track your flight
- Once we leave you in your hotel you will have the rest of the day free to take a rest or explore by yourself
NOTE: Our driver for the transfers just speak Spanish but you will have all the assistance of Haku tours Team.
DAY 2: THE GOLDEN CIVILIZATIONS TOUR: CITY OF KINGS & QUEENS TOUR + LUNCH + PACHACAMAC PYRAMID’S
- 9:00 am: Our driver will pick you up from your hotel to take you to our historical center, which is considered a World Heritage Site protected by UNESCO since 1991 because of all the colonial buildings the city has. Lima also stands as one of the oldest capital in South America as it was founded by the Spanish people in 1535 and became the “City of the Kings”, the most important city for the Spanish Viceroyalty in the whole continent!
We will visit places like: “The Main Square”, “San Martin Square”, “De la Union Pathway”, “Underground Catacombs” & more.
- 13:00 pm: We will take you to the restaurant to have a local lunch.
- 14:00 pm: After lunch with your tour guide, we will start the tour in Pachacamac, which was a very important oracle in the Inkas time, the name is Inka/Quechua and means “Hearth’s Creator”.
Everybody wanted to come to Pachacamac to visit and say thank you to the creator. Pachacamac was also the place of Human sacrifices and payments to the mother heart; natives celebrated large festivities in honor to the gods.
- Your driver will take you back to your hotel.
Overnight in Lima
Meals included: Lunch
DAY 3: PARACAS NATIONAL RESERVE + WINE TASTING!
- 7:00 am: Our tour guide from our company and our professional driver will pick you up from your hotel in Lima and around 3 and a half hours you should be in the Chaco’s port in Pisco, your tour we will take you to visit the impressive and isolated Paracas National Reserve; this natural reserve is part of the world Guinness “Driest desert on heart” called “Atacama” we recommended you to bring lots of sunblock’s, a hat and lots of water! Your friendly tour guide will help you to know and learn about the dessert formation but you also will have the chance to see an impressive landscape with lakes where many migratory birds stop on their trip to the south or north. If you are lucky you might see the great pink flamingos. We continue our journey along the Panamericana highway to the Catador Winery.
- 14:00 pm: Arrival at the Catador Winery. Lunch (BY YOUR OWN) and tour around the winery. We will have lunch in a local restaurant and then we will visit the vineyards to learn about the Pisco and wine production process: sowing, harvesting, and processing. In addition, we will try different types of Pisco and wine that are so famous in this part of the country. Lunch is not included, but we will help you order a delicious meal. Lunch usually costs around 35 Nuevos soles (or about $10.00).
- 16:00: We will leave to go to Nazca. You will be dropped off at your hotel in Nazca at approximately 18:00 pm.
Overnight in Nazca
Meals included: None
DAY 4: OVERFLIGHT NAZCA LINES + CANTALLOC AQUEDUCTS + HUACACHINA + BUGGY + SANDBOARDING + SUNSET
- 8:15 am Pick up from your hotel on the way to Nazca to start of the journey to the Maria Reiche aerodrome
- 9:00 am Overflight Nazca Lines. Height and weight control. Verification of your personal data. After the necessary formalities for your flight, you will visit the Nazca Lines.
The Overflight lasts approximately 30 minutes. If you are wondering what figures of the Nazca Lines are seen during the Overflight, you will see the whale, trapezoids, astronaut, monkey, dog, hummingbird, spider, condor and more!
- 11:00 am: We will visit this beautiful set of canals (Cantalloc aqueducts) showing the ingenuity and great hydraulic development of this ancient culture. For its construction they used stones and wooden trunks that have resisted the passing of the centuries.
The impressive subway aqueducts and -more specifically- the ventilation shafts are called puquios. The spiral shape is for oxygenation, prevent erosion, are anti-seismic, and is where you can enter for cleaning.
- 13:00 pm : We will go to the city for a local lunch.
- 14:00 pm: Arrival at the center of Nazca and lunch at a local restaurant
Afterward, we will take the journey to Huacachina, to enjoy the most beautiful landscapes in the Dunes.
- 17:00 pm: As soon we arrive, we will take you to visit the impressive sand dunes of Huacachina, where we will ride dune buggies and practice sandboarding. This activity is both thrilling and beautiful! These dunes are beautiful and surreal. Our more adventurous travelers are welcome to try sandboarding down the dunes!
- 18:45 pm we will leave the dunes to go back to the Hotel. You will be dropped off at your hotel In Huacachina.
The rest of the night is free in Huacachina to rest then you can continue your own personal exploration.
Overnight in Huacachina
Meals included: None
DAY 5: BALLESTAS ISLANDS AND MORE
- 7:00 am: You will have breakfast at your hotel. Then our tour guide will pick you up from your hotel to start the tour to Ballestas Islands.
- 8:30 am: Then we will help you to take a boat to visit our famous Ballestas Islands the whole tour takes around 2 and a half hours. The atmosphere is great with a big variety of rocky formations and a big variety of birds which will involve you in the meantime you are visiting the islands by boat! JUST GREAT!
After your tour in the boat, we will take you to a local restaurant to have lunch. Finally we will leave Ica to go back to Lima. You will be dropped off at your hotel in Lima at approximately 17:30 pm.
Overnight in Lima
Meals included: None
DAY 6: TRENDY BARRANCO WALKING TOUR + PERUVIAN COOKING LESSONS & LOCAL MARKETS TOUR
- 9 AM: We are going to pick you up from your accommodation and with our expert local guide we’ll take you to a fascinating walking tour of Lima’s most interesting and colorful district, known for its ‘bohemian’ lifestyle and local artist favorite district, Barranco.
This walking tour will guide you among the colorful stately mansions and churches, making our way along the cliffs, while hearing about Barranco’s fascinating history. Visit the famous ‘Bajada de los Baños’ walkway, the romantic ‘Bridge of sighs’ and the Plaza San Francisco. You can take impressive photos with the best Murals! Join us as we enjoy time among Lima’s most trendy district.
- 13:30 PM: We will take you to one of our local markets which is located in the Surquillo district, where you will find a variety of native Peruvian products and best of all, you will interact with local people, we will buy the necessary ingredients to prepare the delicious dishes of your choice carefully and after a long work together with chefs, cooks, gourmets and local food lovers we choose 4 different great options to teach to cook then you have to choose among these tasty dishes:
Option 1: FISH
The Peruvian dish we choose to cook with fish is: “Pescado a la Chorrillana” (Main Course), Fried onions, tomatoes, chili pepper and bay leaf, add fish broth and then a Fish fillet in low heat and its ready to eat, as starter we will cook together our Peruvian National dish called “Ceviche!” the most popular dish among Peruvians! It is about small pieces of raw fish marinated in fresh aromatic lime juice tender onions, boiled sweet potatoes mixed with or without Andean hot chilies.
Option 2: CHICKEN
For chicken we cook: “Aji de Pollo” in English chili chicken (Main Course but is not spicy), consists of thin strips of chicken served with a creamy yellow and spicy sauce, made with Ají Amarillo (non spicy yellow chilies), cheese, milk, crunchy bread. As starter, we will teach you to prepare the “Causa Limeña” Mashed organic yellow potatoes seasoned with lime and Ají (hot pepper), and filled with fresh seasonal local veggies (it’s a mild dish)
Option 3: MEAT
Our delicious “Lomo saltado” (Main Course), Beef tenderloin slices, sautéed with onions, tomatoes, Ají (hot peppers but not spicy), and more spices. It is served with french fries and rice, for starter we have our super delicious “Papa Rellena” Little balls made of mashed potatoes filled with either meat or vegetables or Quinua. Once it’s close and fried, it is served with “Salsa Criolla”.
Option 4: VEGETARIAN
Pimiento Relleno or Stuffed Pepper (Main Dish) which is a stuffed pepper, full of fresh vegetables and organic herbs from the north of the country. “Solterito” (Starter) with green peas, beans, quinoa! And olive oil, it’s delicious. After shopping we will go to our cozy kitchen, where we will taste a fruit festival! To cook, we use ceramic pots, the same as our ancestors did. This way we will keep all the flavor as natural as they are. This class is for people who love traditional foods and want to prepare them at home! You will love the relaxed atmosphere without boring delays, because we believe in the practical approach.
After the tour we will take you back to your hotel.
Meals included: Lunch
Later in the evening (depends of your flight) our driver will pick you up from your hotel to take you to the Lima Airport.
Price based on a group of 2 people or more.
- Without hotel: 895 USD each
- With 3 stars hotel: 1,175 USD each
- With 4 stars hotel: 1,230 USD each
- With 5 stars hotel: 1,405 USD each
- If you choose the option with hotel, breakfast is also included.
- All entrance tickets and excursions mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guide: Professional and authorized. Spanish and/or English
- Transfers: to and from the airport
- Food: As detailed in the itinerary (vegetarian options available)
- All ground transportation
- 24 hour support from our staff.
- International and/or domestic flights.
- VISA, insurance and accommodation before and after the contracted tour.
- Other expenses of a personal nature (water, telephone cards, souvenirs, etc).
- Guide service in another language not specified in the itinerary.
- Nothing that has not been specified in this itinerary.